Well, aren’t I a big fat looser.
Over the last almost 5 years of writing this site, I only have 4 soup recipes.
It’s not because I dont lurve soup, it’s that the
losers people in my house won’t really eat it.
I suppose this Carrot Coconut Soup makes it 5 and that’s one per year.
Are you one of those people who only eats soup when it’s cold?
Me, I am a non-discrimanatory soup consumer.
Here in Florida, it can be 100 degrees and 100 % humidity and I still Crave a good soup.
This soup is rich without being naughty to eat.
You can even use light coconut milk and it will be perfect.
If you notice in the recipe, I used Libby’s Canned Carrots.
They are a HUGE timesaver.
No washing, no cutting and no cooking. LOVE
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove,minced
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1½ teaspoon fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 cans Libby's Sliced Carrots,drained
- 1 box (32 oz.) Vegetable Broth
- 1 can (13.66 oz.) Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium Stock pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in garlic,curry powder,thyme,salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sliced carrots and vegetable broth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Working in small batches, add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add back to pot and stir in the coconut milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.