Love me some Chili. However I am not a big fan of chili with Kidney Beans.
My Mom would cook chili with beans, I would eat it and not complain, because I was a good kid like that. I would sift the chili in my mouth and spit out the kidney beans in my napkin. Ewwwww.
When I created this recipe for SweetBay Supermarket I wanted a different take on the normal chili.
A taco take! This would be perfect to have on the stove for “The Big Game” coming up!
This is a chunky chili filled with corn, black beans and taco seasoning. YUM
Serve it with some easy to make Boxed corn bread with some corn thrown in there.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 packet Hannaford Taco Seasoning
- 1 package (16 oz.) My Essentials Super Sweet Frozen Corn, thawed. divided
- 1 can (15 oz) Hannaford Black Beans
- 2 cans (14 oz each) Hannaford Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 can (8 oz.) Hannaford Tomato Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 cup My Essentials Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup (4oz.) My Essentials Sour Cream
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix cooked to package directions with ½ of the thawed corn mixed in prior to baking.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, cook the ground beef for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle. Drain.
- Return the ground beef to the skillet and add the taco seasoning, remaining corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and paprika.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes then reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and ¼ cup cheese.