Please tell me you have an ice cream maker. It’s a kitchen MUST HAVE.
One might think it is one of those kitchen gadgets that you buy, use it once and then it goes into the kitchen gadget graveyard.
Sooo, not true. I use mine all the time.
This is the one I have and it’s the Bomb. And it’s affordable. I highly recommend it. I bought one for my Momma for Christmas. They even have a new deep purple color. LOVE.
I hear this one is good to..it attaches to your Kitchen Aid mixer.
Or you could go semi-old school with this one.
Ice cream can be as easy or as difficult as you would like. By difficult, I just mean more time consuming.
I have made the easy and the more timely versions. Both delicious.
If you plan overnight, make the custard type. You have to make a custard type mixture the night before. Again, not hard, you just have to plan ahead. See my Coffee Ice Cream, Nutella Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Or, if you need ice cream NOW. Just make the sweetened condensed milk version…like my Peach Ice Cream or Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
Seems like every time I make a new ice cream, I say it is the best I have made….same goes for this one!
It’s light and dotted with fresh Georgia Peaches!
I am in love.
Again, a big shout out goes to the Georgia Peach Council for the BEST PEACHES EVER!
- 2 cups Peaches (2 large peaches) peeled and diced
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 can(14oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 cups (32 oz.) Half and Half
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peaches, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Place a colander over a large bowl and drain the peaches.
- Reserve the liquid. I got ½ cup liquid.
- Place the peaches back into the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, half and half and the reserved peach juice. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufactures directions.
- Right before you remove the ice cream, add the peaches and continue mixing for about 30 seconds.