Ok..what you are gazing upon is the most delicious Ice Cream I have ever tasted in my life.
2007 was when I was UBER fit. Worked out 2 hours a day, ate tuna 24/7 and was rocking a rock hard perfect body.
I took my husband down to Key West for Fantasy Fest. Never heard of it? You can see what it is all about here. Let’s just say you leave you inhibitions at home( along with your clothes). One night, in one of our drunken stuppers , we got a FROZEN CHOCOLATE COVERED KEY LIME PIE ON A STICK! It might should weird, but let me tell you it is anything but.
That one chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick sent me into a downward spiral of eating whatever I wanted and banning working out. Yes, that one thing triggered my bad habits….it’s that good.
Back to 2011 we are (have a fun trip?) So here we are, no more perfect body…far from it indeed. I have come to the realization that I LOVE food too much to eat tuna for the rest of my life, but I look back at pictures and say, “Damn, I looked good.” Oh well. Now I just say, “I gotta feed this figure!”
So my ice cream was created from seeing Jamie at My baking addictions Key Lime Pie Ice Cream and adding my own twist to it.
I warn you this Ice Cream is over the top. Anyone who has tried it said it too is the best ice cream they ever had.
My sister in law said, “Oh, My God, You need to go sell this out of a truck on Clearwater Beach in a t-back.”
Ahhhhh, If it were only 2007 again……………..
And if you are in the market for a good ice cream maker..this is the one I use. It rocks my world and it is under $50.
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup key lime juice, fresh or bottled
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 14 oz can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 2 limes
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 sheet plain or honey graham crackers
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, key lime juice, heavy cream, condensed milk and salt.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until the mixture is cold.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and make according to your ice cream makers directions.
- minutes before the ice cream is done add the lime zest, chocolate and graham crackers.
- Remove from your ice cream makers bowl and place in a freezer safe container.
- Place in the freezer until firm(if you can wait that long)