OhMahGAUd. These are good.
How good you ask?
Well, I brought them to a Birthday BBQ on Sunday and they were ALL gone BEFORE we even ate dinner.
That’s how good they are.
The look all fancy and like I spent hours on them.
Actually, they were one of the easiest desserts I have ever made thanks to pre-made puff pastry.
I have never made my own puff pastry. My thought process…Pepperidge Farm® makes it so well, so why bother. Saves me a HUGE amount of time in the kitchen.
You pop the Pepperidge Farm® Puffed Pastry Shells on a baking sheet, bake, then remove the tops( I can neither confirm nor deny that I ate all 6 tops).While the shells are baking mix you filling(takes 2 minutes) and then fill your baked shells. Pop them back in the oven for the filling to firm up. Let them cool and top with whipped cream and lime slices!
These would be perfect for your Springtime or Mothers Day Brunch, Cinco de Mayo or just to have on a Thursday!
I accepted the Puffection™ Springtime Entertaining Challenge from Pepperidge Farm to show y’all just how easy Pepperidge Farm® Puffed Pastry makes your life.
I will be showing you another Puffection™ recipe next week..I am still tweaking it, but it is going to be scrumptious!!!
Do you have an amazing Puffection™ recipe using Pepperidge Farms® Puffed Pastry? Share your recipe on the Pepperidge Farm® Facebook page
Also, stop by www.puffpastry.com for How-to videos, recipes and tips!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions, remove tops.
- 2 limes
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup Key lime juice
- 6 tbsp. thawed frozen whipped topping
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat 1 egg and the water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Brush the pastry shells with the egg mixture.
- Zest 1 lime.
- Beat the condensed milk, remaining egg, egg yolk, Key lime juice and lime zest in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture evenly into the pastry shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let the tarts cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut 6 thin slices from the remaining lime.
- Top each tart with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1 lime slice.
I have been compensated for my time, however opinions are 100% mine.