I know, right?
You just want to dig right into your computer screen.
Easy Egg Florentine minus the high calorie sauce.
Let me break it down for you..top to bottom..
Perfectly fried runny egg.
Flavorful big hunk-a tomato.
Garlicky, buttery, fresh sautéed spinach.
A crispy Eggo® Waffle.
That’s right, no toast, no bagel, no fancy baguette.
A perfectly toasted Nutri-Grain® Whole Wheat Eggo® Waffle is what you need to make this breakfast just right.
I have teamed up with Kellog’s Eggo® Waffles to bring you a week (YES 7 full days) of recipes, ALL using Eggo® Waffles. Yes, I am a Chief Waffle Officer!
How fun is that?? SUPER fun.
I mean, yes, Eggos® are perfectly fine toasted, slathered in butter and drenched with syrup, but it time to branch out people. And I am here to show you that it can be done!!!
The possibilities are endless!!!!
Oh, hope on over to their Facebook page to enter “The Great Waffle Off” recipe contest for your chance to win $5,000.
- 1 Nutri-Grain Waffles, toasted
- 1½ teaspoon Butter,divided
- ½ teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Garlic clove, minced
- 1 large handfull Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 slice Tomato
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, cook for 3-5 minutes, toss while cooking.
- Place cooked spinach and tomato on Eggo.
- Wipe out pan. Add back to the stove over medium heat,
- Melt the remaining butter, cook egg to your liking.
- Place the egg on top of the tomato.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
*I have teamed up with Kellog’s Eggo® Waffles for Waffle Week, all opinions and recipes are 100% mine.