Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 24 hours
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 24 hours 20 mins
Chicken wings with rosemary, garlic and lemon!
- 4 pounds chicken drumettes or wings or both
- ½ cup lemon juice (the juice of 3 large lemons)
- ¾ cup regular olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 springs fresh rosemary, stripped and roughly chopped
- ¾ tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken drumettes in a gallon freezer zip lock bag.
- In a large measuring cup, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken wings.
- Push as much air out of the zip lock bag and seal.
- Place the bag flat in a 13 x 9 pan (as a precaution incase it leaks)
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 24 hours turning the bag every so often.
- The next day, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow to sit out for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a grill pan on the grill and preheat your grill to as hot as it gets. Mine got to about 450-500.
- Drain the excess marinade from the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 8 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/06/rosemary-chicken-wings.html