Author: Leslie Green-The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
A delicious but unattractive chicken dish made with the ingredients you have on hand.
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1½ pounds bloneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley in a large gallon zip bag.
- Cut the chicken into strips or 1" cubes.
- Place the chicken in the bag with the flour and toss to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted add the chicken and brown on both sides (the butter will begin to brown..this is perfect).
- Stir in the chicken stock and wine. The sauce will begin to thicken.
- Simmer on low for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Place the sour cream in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- To prevent the sour cream from curdling, add some of the hot sauce into the sour cream and mix. Add enough sauce so that the sour cream is no longer cold.
- Add the sour cream into the sauce and stir until combined.
- Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve over rice if you desire.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/05/sour-cream-chicken.html