|Sour Cream Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate chips |
Author: Recipe From Crisco- Cookie Central
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 16 mins
Total time: 36 mins
A delicate not too sweet oatmeal cookie.
- 1 cup Crisco Butter Shortening or 1 stick Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Stick
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (my addition to the recipe)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup ground or very finely chopped pecans
- Combine shortening, brown sugar and 2/3 cup powdered sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Add the chocolate chips and blend until incorporated. Refrigerate overnight or until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and pecans.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 13-16 minutes or until top is crackled and dull and the cookies are set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Be careful when you remove the cookies from the cookie sheet. they are very delicate and may fall apart. The firm up as they cool.
Oh and I added the Chocolate chips on a whim. They just screamed "Add chocolate"!
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2011/04/sour-cream-oatmeal-cookies.html