|Rice Krispies Dipper Treats |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 18 wooden ice cream/popsicle sticks
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Multi-colored sprinkles (optional)
- M & M's (optional)
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into eighteen 3 x 2-inch bars. Push one stick into the bottom of each bar.
- In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip bars into chocolate and decorate as you like. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/05/rice-krispies-dipper-treats.html