|Almond Cherry Energy Bars |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
- 1¼ cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 3 tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅓ cup Wheat Germ, oat bran or Flax Seed
- ½ cups Almond Slivers
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt or Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¾ cup Dried Cherries, or Dole Pitted Dates, chopped
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Almond Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ½ teaspoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper with an overlap on each side of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, wheat germ, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the cherries.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk the honey, olive oil, almond butter,almond extract and orange zest.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and pack firmly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges begin to only slightly darken.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Using the overlap of the parchment paper, lift the bars out of the pan, place on rack and cool completely.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/04/almond-cherry-energy-bars-dole-summit-2014.html