|Cheesy Spinach and Mushroom Quiche |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
A cheesy quiche with spinach and mushrooms
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 4 Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. White Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ½ tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pint (8 oz.) Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 6 oz. Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Unroll pie dough into a deep dish pie pan, prick all over with fork.
- Prebake pie dough for 12 minutes, remove and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and heavy cream; stir in cheese set aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, cook until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Toss in spinach and cook until just wilted. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir the vegetable mixture into the egg mixture and pour into pre baked pie crust.
- Place onto a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until set.
- Lightly cover with foil if crust is getting dark.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/03/cheesy-spinach-and-mushroom-quiche.html