Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Overnight Oatmeal that doesn't require cooking
- 1 cup Oats (steel cut or Old Fashion)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Maple Extract
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except brown sugar.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- Before serving mix in brown sugar.
- Top with fresh fruit and toasted coconut if you wish
Makes 4 cups
If you are watching your calories, you can omit the brown sugar and use a low or no calorie sweetener.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/02/overnight-oatmeal.html