|Crock-Pot® BBQ Chicken Sandwiches |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 5 mins
Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 18 oz jar BBQ sauce
- 2 large onions,thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 hamburger rolls, buttered and toasted
- butter for hamburger rolls
- Place the chicken in Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker
- Pour in BBQ sauce
- Cook on high for about 5½ to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred on cutting board.
- Return to the crock pot and incorporate the shredded chicken with BBQ sauce
- Distribute onto toasted buns and top with cooked onions
- Place the 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot with a lid.
- When the butter is melted, add the onions and cover.
- Cook on medium low for about 45 minutes, covered stirring occasionally.
- Serve over shredded chicken.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/01/crock-pot-bbq-chicken-sandwiches-giveaway.html