Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Creamy Swiss cheese fondue
- 2 8 oz. packages Lorraine® Cheese Original Deli Sandwich Slices, roughly torn
- 1½ tablespoons Flour
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1¼ cups White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Sherry Wine
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Place the torn Lorraine® Cheese Original Deli Sandwich Slices into a large bowl, toss with flour and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat or a fondu pot, add garlic and a splash of the wine. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining wine.
- Add cheese in handfulls, stirring in-between each addition until smooth.
- Stir in sherry wine, salt , worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Add additional salt if desired.
- Serve warm in the fondue pot.
Serve with cut up crusty french bread, apples and or a variety of vegetables.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2014/01/swiss-cheese-fondue.html