|Maple Cinnamon Candied Almonds |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Maple Cinnamon Candied Almonds
- 1 lb. Natural Almonds, shelled
- ⅓ cup Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup White Sugar
- 1⅛ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Regular Table Salt
- 1 Egg White
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Maple Extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, white sugar,cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until nice and bubbly.
- Add the vanilla and maple extract to the egg white and whisk again until frothy.
- Pour the almonds into the egg whites and mix to incorporate.
- To the almonds and egg whites add the sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour out onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely before packaging.
1 recipe will yield SIX 8oz. mason jar gifts.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/12/maple-cinnamon-candied-almonds.html