Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 15 mins
An easy game day or party dip.
- ½ package Hurst's Pinto Beans, reserve flavor packet for another use.
- 2½ tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup Black Olives
- Dipping chips of choice
- 3 Avocados,halved, seeded and peeled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 teaspoon Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- Rinse beans until water runs clear. Sort through beans and discard any pebbles or debris. In a large bowl, cover rinsed beans with about 3″ of cold water; soak overnight.
- After soaking, place beans in a large soup pot with 8 cups of water. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Add water during cooking if needed.
- Drain beans. Place in a medium bowl.
- To beans, add taco seasoning and salt. Mix until incorporated and the beans are somewhat mashed.
- Spread the beans out onto a dinner sized plate.
- Layer with guacamole(recipe below), sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes and black olives.
- Serve with your chips of choice.
To make Guacamole, place the avocados, lemon, sour cream, Sriracha, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and using a fork, mash and mix.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/12/7-layer-pinto-bean-dip-giveaway.html