Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 2 hours 10 mins
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
Chicken and Beans with tomatoes and spinach.
- 1¼ cups Hurts's Great Northern Beans (1/2 package of a 20 oz bag, save the remaining beans and seasoning for a later use)
- 1½ lbs. Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, dried with paper towels
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Sage, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Rosemary, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 oz. fresh Baby Spinach (1/2 of a 6 oz. bag)
- In a medium stock pot, cover the beans with 2" of water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain beans and place in a 9 x 13 pan. Season beans with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss to incorporate.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, parsley,sage,thyme,rosemary and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the herbed butter mixture.
- Add the chicken to the top of the beans.
- Arrange the tomatoes and garlic around chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add spinach to hot beans and toss several times to wilt.
- Return chicken to pan and serve.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/11/chicken-and-beans.html