|Left over rice? Make Rice pudding!!!!! |
Author: Leslie Green-The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 12 mins
Make Rice Pudding with Left-over rice
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
- about 3 cups milk
- ½ cup splenda or sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup raisins or fruit of choice..I used Regular and golden raisins
- Spices to taste …like cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice..etc
- Walnuts for a crunch if you like
- All add ingredients to the cooked rice except the spices and bring to a boil.
- Boil for a few minutes and then cook until most of the milk is absorbed.
- Once you get to your desired consistency, add your spices.
- Add the nuts if you want.
- Serve hot or cold! Its was yummy either way!
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2008/07/left-over-rice-make-rice-pudding.html