Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Toffee with a Cracker Jack snacks topping and drizzled with chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted Butter, plus more for buttering baking sheet
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Butter Toffee flavored Cracker Jack Snacks
- Pinch Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with butter.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt 2 sticks butter.
- Clip a candy thermometor to the inside of the pan.
- Increase heat to medium and add sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Stir continuously until the candy thermometer reaches 300(DO NOT go over 300 degrees). This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat, carefully stir in vanilla.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly arrange the Cracker Jack Snacks onto the toffee and gently press in. Take care not to touch the toffee, as it is EXTREMELY hot and WILL burn you.
- Sprinkle with Kosher Salt.
- Allow to completely cool on baking sheet, about 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth.
- Place in a piping bag or quality zip lock back and sip the corner.
- Drizzle chocolate over the "Cracker Jack Toffee".
- Place back in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Break into pieces.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/08/cracker-jack-toffee.html