|Turkey and Cranberry Grilled Cheese & Review |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Turkey and Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 thick cut pieces Italian Bread
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Turkey Chunks ( your desired amount)
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Sauce (recipe below)
- 8⅛" slices Cranberry Cheddar Great Midwest Cheese
- 1½ cups fresh Cranberries
- ½ cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- ⅓ cup White Sugar
- zest of 1 Orange
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, orange juice,sugar and orange zest.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Allow to cool and store in refrigerator.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with butter.
- Place 1 slice of bread, buttered side down in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 slices of cheese to the slice of bread.
- Top the cheese with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.
- Add turkey to the top of cranberry sauce.
- Add remaining 4 slices of cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread buttered side up.
- Cook for about 4 minutes per side until bread is golden and cheese has melted.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/08/turkey-and-cranberry-grilled-cheese-giveaway.html