Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
Easy and delicious roasted Chicken
- 5 lb. Whole Chicken
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced Fresh Rosemary
- 1 1 /2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon minced Fresh Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Rinse and dry the chicken and place it on a rack in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place in the refrigerator uncovered, until ready to cook dinner, up to 24 hours. (this helps the skin dry out)
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a small bowl, mix together butter,parsley,oil,rosemary,salt,thyme and pepper.
- With your fingers,separate the skin from the breast and spread butter over the meat and replace the skin. Continue to rub the entire chicken with butter including the inside.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Roast in oven for 1½ hours or until juices run clear.
- Loosely tent with foil during the last 30 minutes of cooking to prevent the skin from over-browning.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes prior to slicing.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/06/roasted-chicken.html