Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Buttery, flakey Pepperidge Farms Puffed Pastry Shells filled with tangy Key Lime filling.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells, prepared according to package directions, remove tops.
- 2 limes
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup Key lime juice
- 6 tbsp. thawed frozen whipped topping
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat 1 egg and the water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Brush the pastry shells with the egg mixture.
- Zest 1 lime.
- Beat the condensed milk, remaining egg, egg yolk, Key lime juice and lime zest in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture evenly into the pastry shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Let the tarts cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut 6 thin slices from the remaining lime.
- Top each tart with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1 lime slice.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/05/key-lime-tarts.html