Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
The best potato salad with bacon, black olives and garlic
- 3 lbs. Baby Red Potatoes(not peeled), cubed
- 8 oz. Bacon
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 5 Eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 3.8 oz. can Sliced Black Olives
- 3 Scallions, green parts thinly sliced
- Bacon Grease, saved from the pan
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain and put the potatoes in a large bowl
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp, remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Crumble bacon when its cool enough to handle..
- Turn the heat off the skillet, add the garlic to the bacon grease and cook (the grease will still be hot enough to cook the garlic) for 1 minute.
- Pour bacon grease with the garlic over the potatoes, mix to incorporate.(yes, use all of the bacon grease)
- Mix in mayonnaise, mustard,eggs, black olives, scallions and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/04/the-best-potato-salad.html