|Summer Salad with Eggo Croutons |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
A delightful salad with fresh fruit and seasoned eggo waffle croutons
- 1 5 oz. bag Lettuce mix
- 6 large Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 3 slices Deli Chicken, thick sliced
- 3 tablespoons Raspberry Vinaigrette, or your favorite dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Kellogs Eggo Waffles Thick and Fluffy, cut into bite sized pieces, and thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together, lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, chicken and salad dressing.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic clove and waffles.
- Sprinkle in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Saute waffles, stiring occasionally until the edges turn golden brown.
- Add more olive oil if the pan becomes too dry.
- Toss the croutons with the salad
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/04/summer-salad-with-eggo-croutons-giveaway.html