Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 9 mins
An Easy Egg Florentine over crispy Eggo Waffles
- 1 Nutri-Grain Waffles, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Butter,divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Garlic clove, minced
- 1 large handfull Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 slice Tomato
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach, cook for 3-5 minutes, toss while cooking.
- Place cooked spinach and tomato on Eggo.
- Wipe out pan. Add back to the stove over medium heat,
- Melt the remaining butter, cook egg to your liking.
- Place the egg on top of the tomato.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/04/egg-florentine.html