|Eggo Strawberry Shortcakes |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Strawberry Shortcakes made with Eggo Waffles
- 4 Nutri Grain Eggo Waffles, toasted
- 1/2 pint Strawberries, about 15, lightly mashed
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Place a medium bowl and the mixers to your electric beater in the freezer.
- Mix mashed strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until some juices have been released from the strawberries.
- Remove the bowl and beaters from freezer.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Starting off on low, begin to whip the cream.
- Slowly increase the speed and beat until thickened.
- Place one Eggo on a plate and top with whipped cream and strawberries, add the other Eggo and repeat.
Placing the bowl and beaters in the freezer help the whipped cream whip up nice.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/04/eggo-strawberry-shortcake.html