Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Cheesy creamy grits topped with delicious shrimp
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 1 cup Stone Ground Grits
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 8 oz. Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 8 oz. Bacon, diced
- 2 squares Land O' Lakes Saute Express Saute Starter, Garlic & Herb
- 1 lb. Peeled and Deveined Shrimp, raw
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 handfull Fresh Parsley, copped
- Bring the chicken stock and milk to a boil in a medium sauce pan with a lid.
- Add the grits, butter,salt and pepper and bring back to a boil while stirring.
- Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Bacon and Shrimp
- In a medium nonstick saute pan, cook the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
- Drain the bacon grease but do not clean or wipe the pan.
- To the same pan over medium heat, add 2 Garlic & Herb Land O' Lake Sauté Express Sauté Starters.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes per side until pink.
- Add cooked bacon, green onion and parsley. Toss to coat.
- Serve shrimp and any sauce sauce in the pan over the grits.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/04/shrimp-and-grits.html