Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- ½ lb. (1) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Italian Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter square
- 1 lb. fresh pizza dough (can purchase from your bakery) or 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium non-stick skillet with a lid, melt Sauté Express® Sauté Starter over medium-low heat until it starts to bubble.
- Add chicken and cook for 6–8 minutes per side with lid on or until no longer pink in the middle. Chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- While chicken is cooking, roll out pizza dough into a 12″ circle on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into fourths (four triangles), and place on cookie sheet.
- Evenly distribute ½ cup pizza sauce, cheese and chicken over each triangle, leaving about ¼–½ inch clean edge.
- Fold dough over and pinch the edges to seal. Lightly brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and bake for 15–18 minutes or until golden. (*If you used the pizza crust from the can, follow baking instructions on the package.)
- Serve with remaining ½ cup pizza sauce.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/04/chicken-pizza-pockets-giveaway.html