|Potato Ham and Pea Quiche |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
An easy and tasty quiche filled with ham, cheese and peas.
- 1 9" rolled refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Onion
- 8 oz. Cooked Ham, diced
- 1 can Libby's Naturals Sweet Peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 5 Eggs
- ⅔ cup Half & Half
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Parmigiano- Reggiano Cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cans Libby's Sliced Potatoes, rinsed
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unroll the pie dough into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom and press up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the olive oil to a medium pan.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent and soft.
- Add the ham, peas, garlic and thyme and cooked until ham is heated through. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, half & half and the pepper.
- Evenly spread the mozzarella and ¼ cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese over the pie crust.
- Add the ham and pea mixture over the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Arrange the potatoes on the top in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese over the potatoes.
- Place the quiche on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
$1.69 per serving(approximately)
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/03/potato-ham-and-pea-quiche-giveaway.html