Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Orange Curd, perfect for filling cupcakes, spreading on scones and cookies or using to fill a cake
- Zest of One Orange
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Orange Juice ( freshly squeezed)
- 2 large Eggs
- 7 tablespoons salted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces.
- ⅛ teaspoon Orange Extract
To Make Orange Curd
- In a medium saucepan, add the orange zest and white sugar.
- Using your fingers, rub the zest into the sugar. This will tint the sugar orange and release the oil from the zest into the sugar.
- Add the orange juice,eggs and butter.
- Constantly whisk over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Curd should thickly coat the back of spoon when done.
- Cover and cool in the fridge.
- Keep in the fridge covered for up to one week.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/03/orange-curd.html