Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Egg Salad with a Southwestern kick.
- 8 eggs
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, add cold water and eggs.
- Bring to a boil, Cover and remove from heat. Allow to sit covered for 13 minutes. Drain and place the eggs in a large bowl of ice water for 10 minutes.
- Peel and coarsely chop the eggs.
- Place the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the jalapeño, green onion,cilantro,mustard,cumin,chili powder,onion powder,and vinegar, stir to incorporate.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Fold in the avocado.
- Put in a covered bowl and place in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
Makes 3 1/2 cups egg salad.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/02/southwestern-egg-salad.html