|All Purpose Crumb Topping |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
An all purpose crumb topping
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar,packed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 stick Butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the butter.
- With your hands, squish the butter into the flour/sugar mixture until it comes together.
- You will know it is thoroughly mixed when the mixture stays together when squeezed in your hands.
- Mix in the nuts if using.
- To add to your dish, Squeeze in your hands and then crumble on-top of your item.
- If baking something that takes longer than 30 minutes, after 30 minutes has elapsed, gently cover with foil to prevent over browning.
Makes enough to cover a 9 x 13 pan.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/01/all-purpose-crumb-topping.html