|Valentines Peanut Butter Cookies |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
A soft peanut butter cookie with a chocolate heart in the middle,perfect for Valentines Day
- 1 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 8.87oz. packages Dove Milk Chocolate Silky Smooth Heart Promises, unwrapped
- Granulated Sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or non stick foil.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar and butter together.
- Mix in the peanut butter,milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour,baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Form into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on baking sheet about 1" apart and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently press one Dove Heart into the middle of each cookie and place back into the oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookies sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a cooling rack completely.
Makes about 49 cookies. Unwrap about 1 1/2 packages of the Dove Chocolates, you won't need the full 2 packages.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/01/valentines-peanut-butter-cookies.html