Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 51 Saltine Crackers, about 1½ sleeves of crackers
- 1¼ cup salted butter
- 1¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 16 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, 1½ bags
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes, toasted
- 1 cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a 17 x 12 sheet pan with non-stick foil.
- Line the baking sheet with Saltine Crackers.
- Melt the butter in medium saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar.
- Bring to a light boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture evenly over the crackers.
- Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly and caramelizing.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips and place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and with an off-set spatula smooth out the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with the coconut,pecans and salt.
- Lightly press on the toppings to make them adhere to the chocolate.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes.
- Place the pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until hard.
- Remove and break into pieces.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/01/salted-saltine-toffee-with-coconut.html