|Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Tastes like it's been cooking for hours!
- 3½ lbs. Sirloin Tip Roast, trimmed of tough tissue and cubed
- 2 + Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Course Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¾ cup Beef Stock
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 12 oz. Medium Size Egg Noodles, cooked to package directions
- In a gallon sized zip lock bag, mix together the flour,salt, pepper,onion powder,thyme,rosemary and paprika.
- Add the cubed beef and toss to coat.
- Set the pressure cooker to browning.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pressure cooker.
- Working in small batches, taking care not to over crowd the pot, brown the meat on all sides. (took me 4 batches).
- Remove the beef to a plate.
- Add the onions to the pressure cooker, adding more oil if needed and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add back the beef and any juices that have accumulated on the plate.
- Stir in the beef stock and wine.
- Place the lid on and set the cooker to High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes has elapsed, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the steam. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove lid.
- Place the sour cream into a small bowl.
- Ladle about ¼ cup of the hot juice from the pressure cooker into the sour cream and stir.
- Do this several times until the sour cream is warmed.
- Stir the warm sour cream into the meat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.
I used the Cuisinart 6- Quart Electric Pressure Cooker for this recipe.
Mushrooms are often used in beef stroganoff, however my family doesn't like them.
If you choose to add them, add them before the onions and cook for a few minutes until they start to brown.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/01/pressure-cooker-beef-stroganoff.html