Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove,minced
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1½ teaspoon fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 cans Libby's Sliced Carrots,drained
- 1 box (32 oz.) Vegetable Broth
- 1 can (13.66 oz.) Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium Stock pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in garlic,curry powder,thyme,salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sliced carrots and vegetable broth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Working in small batches, add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add back to pot and stir in the coconut milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
*If you have an Immersion Hand Blender, You can skip the blender step and use your immersion hand blender to make smooth.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2013/01/carrot-coconut-soup.html