Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A flavorful and juicy chicken burger exploding with flavor
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup Mayonaise
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Panko Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 small Garlic Clove, finely minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil- for the grill grates
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, Panko, rosemary,thyme,garlic,onion powder,cayenne pepper,green onion, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide into 4 equal patties.
- Place onto a foil lined pan, that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Mix together mayonnaise, mustard,garlic salt and pepper. Allow to sit covered in the refrigerator while the burgers are in the fridge.
- Rub the grates of your grill with vegetable oil.
- Pre heat grill to medium heat ( mine stayed at about 375).
- Carefully place the patties on the prepared grill.
- Grill for 7 minutes on the first side, FLIP, then another 7 minutes on the other side. Do NOT flip back and forth.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on each bun
These burgers are very wet when you are forming them.
They will want to stick to your hands, so form them gently, handling them as little as possible.
You can also prepare these in a grill pan, panini press or a regular fry pan.
Always use a little bit of oil on your cooking surface so the burgers do not stick.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/11/chicken-burgers.html