|Peach Hand Pies with Melted Ice Cream Sauce |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Peach Hand Pies with a scrumptious melted Ice Cream Sauce
- 1 can(15 oz) Libby's Peach Slices in Juice
- 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 package (17.3 oz) Puff Pastry Sheets,thawed
Ice Cream Sauce
- 1 cup French Vanilla Ice Cream, softened,divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon Demerara Sugar
- Strain peaches over a medium bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons peach juice.
- Dice the peaches.
- Mix together reserved peach juice, heavy cream and 1/2 tablespoon corn starch, set aside.
- Heat diced peaches, cinnamon and sugar to a small sauce pan,over medium heat until hot.
- Add the corn starch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water, set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour work surface.
- Lay 1 piece of puff pasty on floured surface and smooth out seams with a rolling pin.
- With a 3" cookie cutter or a glass with a 3" opening , cut out 9 rounds.
- Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Place 9 rounds on the prepared cookie sheet.
- With your finger, brush the egg wash around the edges of each round.
- Place 1 tablespoon peach mixture in the middle of the dough.
- Lay another dough round on top of the peach mixture.
- Seal the edges by crimping with a fork.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Brush the pies with the egg wash and sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Ice Cream Sauce
- In a small sauce pan over medium low , heat 3/4 cup ice cream.
- In a small bowl mix together remaining 1/4 cup ice cream and 1/2 teaspoon corn starch and add to the hot ice cream.
- Bring to a light boil and cook until slighlty thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve with Peach Hand Pies
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/11/peach-hand-pies-w-melted-ice-cream-sauce-giveaway.html