Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A quick and easy egg cup with hash browns, sausage and cheese.
- 3 cups Ore-Ida Hash Browns (country Style shredded potatoes), thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt
- 4 Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage patties(original recipe) cooked and crumbled.
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ⅓ cup Green Onions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre Heat oven to 400.
- Spray a muffin tin (12 ) with non-stick spray
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Ore-Ida hash browns, season salt and melted butter.
- Evenly distribute the hash browns among the 12 muffin cups (about ¼ cups per cup)
- Press Mixture onto the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Place sausage into cups(about 1 tablespoons in each cup).
- Place cheese into cups(one good pinch).
- Crack 1 egg into each cup.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Run a dull knife around the outside of the muffin cup to loosen it from the pan.
- Remove and top with chopped green onions
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/11/egg-and-sausage-cups.html