|Whole Chicken in a Crock-Pot & Giveaway |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4 mins
Total time: 9 mins
A Whole Chicken cooked in a Crock-Pot.
- 1 5lb. Whole Chicken
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp Butter,room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, finly chopped
- 6 Fresh Sage Leaves, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Place the onions,garlic and chicken stock into the Crock-Pot.
- Remove chicken from package and remove giblet bag.
- Place the contents of the giblet bag into the Crock-Pot.(this will add flavor to the stock)
- Rinse and dry the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter,rosemary,sage,thyme,salt and pepper.
- Rub the entire chicken(concentrating on the top/breast side) with the butter herb mixture.
- Place chicken into the Crock-Pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and let rest for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
- Remove the onions and serve on the side if desired.
- Strain the juice the accumulated in the Crock-Pot into a large bowl and reserve the stock
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/11/whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot-giveaway.html