Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (or 1 cup regular size chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until frothy.
- Add the sugar a little bit at a time, beating the entire time until the mixture has become stiff, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture into a gallon zip lock bag, cut the corner and pipe into your desired shape onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- If making ghosts, place mini chocolate chips on the piped cookie for the eyes and mouth.
- Place in the oven.
- TURN OFF THE HEAT
- And allow the cookie to sit in the oven for at least 4 hours.
- Remove and store at room temperature
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/10/ghost-cookies.html