|White Cupcakes with Pudding Frosting |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A perfectly white cupcake for all occasions
- 1 18.25 oz. box white cake mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 3.4 oz package Instant Pudding Mix (I used cheesecake flavor)
- 3 tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 2 cups Cold Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place cupcakes liners into cupcake pan.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer until mixed.
- Add water,oil,vanilla extract,sour cream,egg whites and egg.
- Beat on medium high for 2 minutes.
- With a cookie scoop(so they are all filled with the same amount), fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool prior to frosting.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, mix together the pudding and meringue powder.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat for about 1 minute or until the mixture becomes thick.
- Beat in the Cool Whip and beat until just combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill and set.
Makes about 36 cupcakes.
Frosting makes enough to frost all 36 cupcakes with a nice tall frosting.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/10/white-cupcakes-for-a-virtual-baby-shower.html