|Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
A soft and buttery cookie with jam and a hint of lemon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cups, AP Flour, measure by the spoon and level method
- ½ cup Blackberry Jam, or your favorite flavor jam
- 1⅓ cups Powdered Sugar
- Lemon juice from the zested lemon(about 5-6 teaspoons)
- 1-2 drops Yellow Food Coloring (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, using and electric mixed, cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- Slowly incorporate the flower and beat until mixed in.
- Roll dough into 1 " balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- With your finger make an indention into the middle of the cookie and fill the center with about ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cookies are completely cooled, whisk the powdered sugar, lemon juice and yellow food coloring together.
- Place in a zip lock bag, snip the corner and drizzle over the cookies.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/09/blackberry-jam-butter-cookies-giveaway.html