|Caramel and Coconut Chocolate Covered Pretzels |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Caramel and Coconut Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 10oz. package Pretzel Rods
- 14 oz. package Caramel Candies(suck as Kraft Caramels), unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- Line 1 or two baking sheets with non-stick foil.
- Assemble one pretzel at a time.
- Place the caramels and water into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a tall glass such as a pint glass.
- Spread a thinish layer of caramel over the pretzel, leaving about 1½" of bear pretzel at the bottom(the part you hold).
- Dip pretzel in chocolate and remove the excess by twisting the pretzel rod against the side of the glass and removing at the same time (see my video).
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Place on baking sheet and when finished with all the pretzels, place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
Makes about 20-25 Pretzel Rods.
To toast coconut, spread the coconut onto a cookie sheet.
Toast at 350 for about 5 minutes until golden. Stir often and keep an eye on it, it will burn quickly.
To melt chocolate, place the chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl, cook for 1 minute. Stir. Cook again for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue cooking for 15 second increments, stirring in-between each interval until completely melted.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/09/caramel-and-coconut-chocolate-covered-pretzels-2.html