|Bacon and Tomato Crostinis |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
A quick and easy appetizer.
- 12 1" slices French Bread, about ¾ of a 9oz. loaf
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- ⅛ cup + 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Shallot Bulb, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 7 oz. Sainte Andre Cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz. Smithfield Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Adjust your oven rack to the top, directly under the broiler.
- Heat your oven to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil,balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to blister and pop. Stir every couple minutes.
- Change your oven to bake at 350.
- Place the bread onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the bread with the remaining ⅛ cup olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until crusty.
- While the bread is still warm, spread 1 teaspoon of Sainte Andre cheese on each slice.
- Evenly distribute the tomato mixture over the bread slices and top with bacon.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/09/bacon-and-tomato-crostinis-giveaway.html