Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 13 mins
- 1 qrt. Water
- ¼ cup + ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ lb. Fresh mozzarella in balls
- ¾-1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 small baguette 8-9” long
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ¼ tsp. granulated garlic
- 6 oz. grape tomatoes halved
- ¾ tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced basil
- ¾ tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp. Minced red onion
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
- ¾ oz. Wild arugula
- 1 ½ tsp. Lemon balsamic vinaigrette
- Heat the water and ¼ cup salt to 190°.
- Add the room temperature balls of mozzarella and cook for 3 minutes. Place into a colander then immediately start to pull the mozzarella into 1/8” wide x 1” long pieces placing them into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add ¾ cup heavy cream and ¼ tsp. salt and blend well. The mixture should look like wet cottage cheese.
- Allow to set over night to firm up.More cream can be added the next day if it is too firm.
- Slice the baguette into 12 ea. 4” long x 3/8” wide slices then place on a sheet pan.
- Combine room temperature butter and granulated garlic then spread evenly on the crostinis.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 7-8 minutes and slightly golden brown, reserve.
- Combine halved tomatoes, olive oil, minced basil, minced garlic, minced onion, salt and black pepper, vinegar and in a mixing bowl and toss well. Place on a metal plate then broil on high in the oven for 1-2 minutes to blister the tomatoes.
- Toss several times during cooking.
- Reserve warm.
- Toss well the arugula and lemon balsamic vinaigrette in the mixing bowl. On a large serving platter arrange the arugula, tomatoes and crostini in separate areas.
- Place the burrata into a glass crock or large ramekin and set on the plate with a small knife.
- Arrange the crostini around the plate.
Recipe Courtesy of Fleming's Steakhouse
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/08/burrata-cheese-appetizer.html