Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Chocolate banana bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large over ripe Bananas, Smooshed
- 6 oz. chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate or 6 oz.(1/2 bag) Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat oven t0 350.
- Lightly grease TWO 8in x 3 3/4in x 2 1/2in pans or TWO 8" x 4" loaf pans.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla with hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk..(always start and end with the flour)
- Add bananas, and chocolate stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into both pans evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out of the center with only slight crumbs on it.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut with a serrated bread knife.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/08/chocolate-banana-bread.html