|Cap'n Crunch French Toast |
Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 11 mins
The most perfect French Toast coated with Cap'n Crunch Cereal.
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch Cereal, ground fine
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 7 slices bread
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- Place the ground Cap'n Crunch on a large plate.
- In a bowl big enough to accommodate a slice of bread, mix together the eggs,vanilla and milk.
- Melt the butter on a large griddle over medium heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and let any excess drip off.
- Dredge the wet bread into the ground Cap'n Crunch. Make sure both sides are evenly coated.
- Place the bread onto the griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until crispy.
Makes 7 slices of French Toast
If you don't have a large flat griddle, you can just make these in a fry pan.
Grind your cereal in a blender or food processor. Or you can place it in a freezer zip lock bag and crush it in there as well.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/07/capn-crunch-french-toast.html