Author: Leslie Green - The Hungry Housewife
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Homemade creamed corn.
- 2 1/2 cups, Fresh Corn Kernels, about 5 cobs and the milk from the cob
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Butter,melted
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- *to milk the corn* After you cut the corn kernels from the fresh corn, take the back of the knife and firmly scrape the bare corn cob. You will get a milky substance that you can incorporate into the corn for extra flavor.
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, corn milk,flour and butter, mix until incorporated.
- Add the corn mixture into a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring often until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by The Hungry Housewife at http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/07/homemade-creamed-corn.html